Need to get in touch? We've put together some Frequently Asked Questions that might help you. If they don't answer your question, then please contact us using the form below.
Muddlebox is a home cocktail tasting subscription experience like no other. Unlike many other online cocktail subscription services, we give you greater choice and control. In addition, unlike some other cocktail clubs we don’t expect you to have to pay for multiple boxes in advance. Instead, with Muddlebox you only pay per box. This means you don’t have to fork out large amounts of money for multiple boxes in advance.
And here’s why you get greater choice with Muddlebox:
- First, you decide what type of cocktails you would like to try by telling us your preferences, using our quick and easy preference sliders.
- Next, you choose how often you want to try each cocktail. You have the choice between weekly, fortnightly and monthly.
- Finally, you tell us how many people are trying each cocktail. We provide boxes for two or four people. We’ll then send you all the ingredients you need to make one cocktail for your chosen amount of people.
It’s as simple as that so what are you waiting for? Join our cocktail club now.
We provide the ingredients to make one cocktail for your requested number of people. In addition, each box contains a recipe card complete with easy-to-follow instructions on how to make the cocktail. The only thing you’ll need are the optional garnishes, ice, glassware and some basic cocktail making accessories (see here).
Important COVID-19 Update: Ordinarily we would provide the fresh fruit required to make our cocktails however, as Royal Mail are experiencing delays we have temporarily stopped providing fresh fruit. Therefore you will be required to source your own fruit, if required.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding during these unprecedented times.
Yes but only for subscription customers. This is because subscription customers only find out what cocktail they have upon receipt, so we want to make sure they have all the ingredients to hand right away. Usually, boxes purchased as a one off are done so as gifts, therefore providing fresh fruit in this situation is not suitable.
We firmly believe that freshly squeezed juice tastes better in a cocktail therefore some, but not all, of our cocktail boxes contain fresh fruit. Due to their perishable nature it’s important that you enjoy cocktails containing fruit as soon as possible.
Please note that all fruit is purchased on the day your cocktail box is shipped. The fruit is handpicked for freshness by our team so that you receive the fruit in the best possible condition.
We currently only provide lemons, limes and passion fruits for cocktails which require them. Unfortunately we do not provide fruit to garnish your cocktails as the suggested garnishes are only optional. Furthermore, some of the suggested garnishes are fruit which quite simply would not survive the journey to you.
We can not be held responsible if the fruit in your cocktail has gone bad because you were not able to accept delivery at the first time of asking or you were not able to attend your local Royal Mail delivery office to collect your box in a timely manner. Therefore it is your responsibility to apply your own judgement and common sense as to whether our products will be suitable for you.
Before you take delivery of your first Muddlebox, we recommend you have at the very least basic cocktail making accessories. This includes a shaker, a strainer (sometimes built into the shaker) and a citrus squeezer/juicer.
In addition, you’ll also require standard household items such as glassware, spoons and something to measure liquid with such as a measuring jug or cup. Most of the ingredients in our cocktail boxes are provided in the right quantity but things such as fruit juice are only provided in certain size bottles. Furthermore, a small number of our cocktails require the use of a blender.
Not all our cocktails require cocktail making accessories. In fact, some of our cocktails require no accessories whatsoever.
Each recipe card within a Muddlebox details the required accessories and if you’re purchasing a one-off cocktail box, each product page will list the equipment needed to make the cocktail.
We use Royal Mail therefore we can deliver to all addresses in the United Kingdom, including Northern Ireland. We do not deliver to addresses outside the United Kingdom.
Orders, regardless of delivery speed chosen, are currently being despatched by us as follows:
- Orders before 9am on Monday – despatched on Tuesday
- Orders before 9am on Tuesday – despatched on Wednesday
- Orders before 9am on Wednesday – despatched on Thursday
- Orders before 9am on Thursday – despatched on Friday
- Orders before 9am on Friday – despatched on Saturday
- Orders before 9am on Saturday – despatched on Monday
- Orders before 9am on Sunday – despatched on Monday
We reserve the right to change the schedule above without giving notice.
Please note that despatch times on any orders containing 10 products or more may exceed the despatch guideline times shown above.
Once your order is despatched, Royal Mail will attempt to deliver your order in line with the timeframes provided below however, we’ve seen delays of up to 2 weeks during the Covid-19 pandemic. As a result, we don’t consider any order lost in the post until at least 10 working days have passed since despatch.
All our prices include free standard delivery. Standard delivery is by Royal Mail Tracked 48. Royal Mail will aim to deliver your order in 2 working days, with the minority in 3 working days. This timeframe is a guideline only and is not guaranteed.
Need your item quicker? Upgrade to faster delivery at checkout and your item will be sent using Royal Mail Tracked 24. Royal Mail will aim to deliver these orders the next working day, with the minority in 2 working days. This timeframe is a guideline only and is not guaranteed.
Remember, your postie will most likely deliver your parcel separate from your normal mail therefore please allow until the end of your expected delivery day for your parcel to arrive.
Probably not. Our parcels are too big to fit a standard sized letterbox.
If you’re not going to be at home very often we highly recommend that your delivery address is somewhere an adult will be present to accept delivery (e.g. a place of work, a trustworthy neighbour etc). This is very important as your cocktail may contain fresh fruit.
Alternatively, some customers provide us with short delivery instructions using the “order notes (optional)” box at the checkout, in order to request their parcel to be left in a safe place or with a preferred neighbour. We can add your delivery note to the address label but please note that there is no guarantee that Royal Mail will follow the instruction. Please also note that if you provide a delivery instruction, you do so at your own risk.
Subscription payments are taken automatically using the card details you provide when you subscribe. All payments are taken in line with your subscription frequency choice as follows:
- Weekly subscribers – the same day each week. For example, if you sign up on a Tuesday your card will be debited every Tuesday.
- Fortnightly subscribers – the same day every other week. For example, if you sign up on a Saturday your card will be debited every other Saturday.
- Monthly subscribers – the same date each month. For example, if you sign up on the 24th of a month your card will be debited on the 24th of each subsequent month.
Your next payment date can be found within the My Account area.
Once your payment has been made we’ll send you your next cocktail as per our delivery timeframes.
Whether you’re new to cocktail making or consider yourself a seasoned expert, we want Muddlebox to appeal to everyone with an interest in making and tasting cocktails at home. Therefore, we’ve assigned each cocktail a difficulty rating so you can decide if you have the skill level required to make the cocktail. Here’s a lowdown on what to expect from each difficulty rating:
1 star – simply involves pouring, shaking, stirring or blending ingredients together;
2 star – will take longer to prepare than 1 star drinks and may involve layering (and a steady hand);
3 star – the hardest drinks to make. Typically take a bit longer to make or the layering is trickier. Don’t be surprised if the finished cocktail doesn’t look exactly like it should.
Of course. We have various options available to you (see below).
If you want a cocktail box to be sent directly to your recipient, there’s an optional checkbox available when you’re entering your billing address which when selected, allows you to enter a different name and address for shipping purposes. We kindly ask, if possible, that you tell the recipient to keep an eye out for their delivery or that you check if they received their delivery shortly after the expected delivery date.
Please note that if the shipping address differs from the billing address, we will include an order form in the cocktail box. This will include your name, address and information on the product purchased. No prices are displayed on the order form.
1. Want to purchase a cocktail box subscription as a gift and you have a set number of boxes you want sent? Then check out our cocktail gift subscriptions. Each subscription comes with an optional gift message service which can be added to the first delivery. Please note that a faster delivery upgrade will be applied to the first box only and all subsequent boxes will be sent using our standard delivery method. In addition, you can defer the despatch date of the first box using the option on the product page. These subscriptions automatically end once the final box has been sent.
2. Don’t want to pay for all the cocktail boxes up front? We’ve got you covered. Simply start a regular subscription and we’ll take payment before shipping each box. Remember, a regular subscription remains active until you cancel it. There’s no minimum contract so simply cancel the subscription whenever it suits you.
3. In addition, you can purchase any one-off cocktail box from our shop, whether it’s a single cocktail box suitable for 2 or 4 people or a multiple cocktail box. All our cocktail boxes come with an optional gift message service and in the case of the multiple cocktail boxes, gift wrapping is available.
We’re sorry you wish to cancel your subscription but we do understand and want to make it as easy as possible for you to cancel. As there is no minimum term you’re free to cancel your subscription whenever you want. To cancel simply go to My Account > Subscriptions > View > Cancel.
Please note that you must cancel your subscription before your next payment is due. Further information on when your next payment is due can be found here.
Please be aware that cancelling your subscription is not the same as cancelling an order. If a payment has already gone through, cancelling your subscription only stops future payments from being processed and we will send the completed order as normal. If you wish to cancel an order, please contact us as soon as possible as we may be able to cancel it and refund you before your order is shipped. If an order is shipped, it will be your responsibility to return the box if you wish to be refunded.
To pause your subscription, simply cancel it using the instruction above. When you’re ready to restart it, go to My Account > Subscriptions > View > Resubscribe.
Hopefully this won’t happen but as Muddlebox is a cocktail tasting experience, you may not enjoy all the cocktails.
When you subscribe we recommend you complete our preference sliders so that we can tailor your experience to suit you. However, please note that there’s no guarantee you’ll like all our cocktails but by telling us your preferences we can reduce the risk of this happening.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer a refund or replacement if you don’t like the cocktail. However, please tell us if you don’t like the cocktail and we’ll make sure that you don’t receive it, or similar cocktails, again.
We’re very sorry to hear this.
All our cocktails are sent via a tracked service from Royal Mail. In addition, all glass bottles are individually enclosed in bubble wrap bags for extra protection. As a result, a cocktail box going missing or getting damaged is a very rare occurrence. However, despite trying our utmost to make sure that your cocktail arrives safe and sound, once your order is shipped we have little control as to what happens with it after that.
Please get in touch and we’ll aim to solve the problem with you as quickly and as efficiently as possible. We kindly ask that in the event of damage, you take pictures of the damage as we may request evidence in order to make a claim against the carrier.
Our preference sliders are designed to give you an opportunity to tell us what type of cocktails you prefer before taking out a regular subscription. Please note that the preference sliders are not currently compatible with our fixed term gift subscriptions.
Once you tell us what type of cocktails you prefer, we’ll try our best to only send you cocktails we think you’ll like. However, please note that there’s still no guarantee you’ll like every cocktail we send but hopefully by telling us your preferences we will reduce the risk of this happening.
Before completing our preference sliders, please bear the following in mind:
- Submission of a set of preferences is completely optional.
- If you want greater variation to your subscription then we advise not submitting preferences or alternatively, leave as many sliders as possible in the neutral/middle position.
- By providing us with preferences, you may be reducing the range of our cocktails which we can send you.
- If you submit very narrow and specific preferences, we may not have many cocktails which would be suitable for you. In this case, we would strongly advise you to purchase one-off boxes from our shop instead.
- Some combinations of preferences simply don’t go together e.g. fruity using whisky, long cocktails using whisky etc.
- As people’s tastes tend to change in the long term rather than the short term, we are only able to accept one set of preferences from each customer (but we can remove those preferences if requested).
- Please be careful if you’re testing our preferences form as these may end up being matched to your subscription. Each morning we go through all the submitted preferences and match these up to all new orders. If you’ve submitted preferences more than once before signing up, we’ll use the last version submitted.
We’ll use your preferences in the following way:
- The base spirits you choose carry the greatest weight in deciding what cocktail to send, followed by the sliders which are furthest from the neutral/middle position.
- Therefore, we’ll start your subscription with the cocktails which best match all your preferences. Once you’ve received these, we’ll then move to cocktails which match some of your preferences. Finally, we’ll start sending cocktails which contain the base spirits you like regardless of other preferences.
Please note that if you’re completing the preference sliders for the first time after you’ve subscribed, please make sure you are logged in to our site otherwise we may not be able to match your preferences to your account.
We can tailor your subscription to suit your needs. We currently have subscribers with nut allergies, caffeine allergies and gluten allergies, amongst others. We also have a number of subscribers who have a general dislike of certain ingredients. Simply provide us with details of any special dietary requirements or allergies using the “Order Notes (Optional)” box at the checkout.
Please note that we re-bottle alcohol. The equipment used is washed thoroughly before changing product however, the same equipment is used for re-bottling all types of spirits and liqueurs.
Unfortunately not at this moment in time.
We received many requests for these in the lead up to Christmas 2019 and it was our intention to introduce them as soon as possible. However, the unexpected increased demand during 2020 has meant many developments have been placed on hold so that we can focus on fulfilling the increased number of orders.
As we have a large number of cocktails which use many different perishable ingredients, this general question is very difficult to answer. We therefore ask that you provide us with information on which cocktails you’re thinking of purchasing when you contact us. That way we can provide you with an accurate response.
Typically, our fruit juices and mixers usually have at least a few months shelf life and cocktails which include UHT cream or UHT milk will have the shortest shelf life.
Like many online only businesses, we don’t have a telephone. This enables us to keep our costs down in order keep the costs of our products down.
We had a telephone during the first two years of trading and we received zero customer phone calls but hundreds of unwanted cold calls. Therefore it was extremely difficult to justify the continuation of a telephone line.